Skip to main content
- The OCC ID/PW is required to view articles from home, to use your internet printing account, and for OCC functions like registering for classes or checking your grades.
See the College’s Online Services site to see how to set up a new ID/PW or request a password reset. If you need to have your password reset, check with Library staff as they may be able to assist you. Bring an official picture ID, such as a driver’s license.
There is also a Student Technical Helpdesk available for OCC students.
- How do I get a Library Card?
- Do you have textbooks for my classes?
- As a general rule, the OCC Libraries do not own copies of your current textbooks. Your instructor may have placed a copy on Course Reserve in your campus library. Check the “Reserve” tab in the Library Catalog. See the OCC Bookstore to learn which books are required for your courses. See the full Library Textbook Policy.
- How does printing/copying work in the Library?
- Printing or copying in the OCC Libraries requires a Raider OneCard or purchasing a reusable print card. You may purchase a card for $1 (50¢ for card, 50¢ for prints) from a cash-only card PayStation. You may also use the PayStation to add money to your card as needed. The costs for printing/copying are 10¢ per side for black & white and 30¢ per side for color.
- How do I find books?
- Books are located by searching the Library Catalog, the first link on the Library website. For help locating a book on the shelf, ask a Librarian. To learn how to search the Library Catalog, see the online tutorial, SearchPath, module #3 “Using the Library Catalog”, or click on “help” while in the Catalog.
- How do I get a book from another campus? Other libraries?
- If you have found a book in the Library Catalog that is owned by another campus, you can easily request it. Just click the “Request Item” button. Then enter your library barcode number (on your Raider One Card), choose a campus for pickup, and enter your email address so that we can notify you when your book arrives. To request books from outside of OCC, see Interlibrary Loan.
- How do I renew a book online?
- Go to the OCC Library Catalog page and click on the "My Library Account" link on the right side of the screen, then enter your Library barcode number (from your Raider One Card) and select "Renew Books". If the items are already overdue or it is the due date, you will need to contact your campus library's Circulation Desk to renew.
- How do I know when my Library materials are due?
- All OCC Students will receive library notices through their OCC Student E-mail accounts. Check your OCC E-mail for messages with the subject line "A Reminder from Your OCC Library". If you have any questions, please call or stop by an OCC Library.
- What library services are available to OCC alumni?
- Former students who have completed 24 credits at OCC can apply for an alumni membership card at the OCC Alumni Association website. You must show proof of alumni status (an alumni membership card) in order to be issued a library card. The Alumni Library Card permits book borrowing from any of the OCC campus libraries (up to 5 items at a time), access to government documents, on-campus use of library computers & databases, and assistance from librarians on duty at any campus library. OCC alumni (current members of the OCC Alumni Association) are encouraged to use library materials, but will be restricted to interlibrary loan from other OCC libraries only. Alumni Library Card holders are not allowed off-campus use of OCC library databases, but all Michigan residents may access many of the same databases from home with a Michigan driver's license or state ID through the Michigan eLibrary.