Skip to Main Content
Who is Eligible?
Any Full-Time or recommended Adjunct Faculty at Oakland Community College may apply for the OCC Faculty Grant to Adopt an Open Educational Resource.
How Much is the Stipend?
Complete the Grant and you will be awarded $450.
Optional OER Review is an additional $50.
The Grant may be awarded only once, but we hope you continue to adopt/adapt more OERs!
How to Get the Forms
Submit an Expression of Interest Form for the OCC Faculty Grant to Adopt an Open Educational Resource.
You will receive an email with a packet of documents:
- Commitment Form to Participate in the OER Faculty Grant for Academic Year 2023-2024
- Open Educational Resource Review Form [optional]
- Student Survey Form
- Grantee Evaluation Form
TIMELINE for the OER Faculty Grant
- Submit the Commitment Form – deadline for 2023/24 academic year is May 31, 2024.
- Do the training, choices are a self-paced online certification training (about 3 hours) or recordings of OER training sessions. Early on.
- Work with OCC’s OER Faculty Facilitator or OER Librarian for suggestions and guidance Anytime!
- Submit your OER Review Form at any point before the end of the first semester you implement it. This is optional but encouraged. You will earn an additional $50.
- Contact OCC Bookstore to indicate OER selection in Bookstore Textbook website by the time of the semester bookstore selection deadline.
- Notify the OER Committee of your OER title choice, and send the URL or pdf as soon as your OER is selected.
- Implement the OER – deadline by June 30, 2025
- Conduct a student survey – mid-semester
- Submit your Grantee Evaluation Form by the end of the first semester you implement it. Done!
Stipend payments will be made based on progress at the end of each semester.
Other questions? Contact Wendy Kamps Tsao or Tara Broeckel