MeLCat is a free service that allows you to make online request for books from libraries across Michigan and have them delivered to your local library.
What you need to know about MeLCat:
- To have materials delivered to an OCC campus library from another participating library you must be a currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff member with an activated Raider One Card.
- You may not request items that are available at OCC. Please ask a librarian if you have any questions.
- OCC is part of the MeLCat Visiting Patron Service which allows you to check out materials in person from participating libraries. To borrow materials as an OCC Visiting Patron at another library, be sure to bring your activated Raider One Card or OCC library card and a picture ID. See all of the participating libraries
- Most books you borrow through MeLCat will be loaned for 3 weeks. You may request an additional 3 week renewal. Audio/visual materials have a 1 week loan period and may not be renewed.
- Requests may not be made for periodicals or articles. Articles may be requested through OCC Interlibrary Loan services.
- You will be notified by phone or email when your items are ready to be picked up or if your request can not be completed for any reason. Expect about 1-2 weeks for delivery depending on the lending library. You can check the status of your request by logging in to MyMeLCat.
- You may return MeLCat materials to any OCC Library.
- OCC Libraries are bound by due dates and any other restrictions that may be imposed by the lending library.
- See the OCC MeLCat Tutorial video for more information.
Please contact your campus library reference desk if you have any questions.