Additional CSS for sizing and position in Look & Feel > Custom CSS
Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Policy on Textbooks
- Required textbooks for courses are not generally purchased by the OCC Campus Libraries, but double-check in the Library Catalog.
- Funds are limited, and purchasing textbooks may preclude the purchase of other important library materials.
- For information about which books will be used as textbooks, check the OCC Bookstore website.
Course Reserves & Textbooks
- OCC Libraries do not automatically place textbooks on Course Reserve in the Library. Textbooks and other course materials are put on Reserve at the request of the instructor.
- Faculty may ask that their personal copies of materials or books owned by the Library be placed on Reserve by using this form.
- Students may search for Reserve materials by using the Reserves tab in the Library Catalog.
- Reserve materials are usually used in the Library only. If the materials you need are not in an OCC library, the librarian will explore other libraries' materials with you.
- OCC Libraries will not request textbooks that are required for courses from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
- Interlibrary Loan only allows you to keep a book for three weeks, which does not provide sufficient time to study a text you will need for an entire semester.
Buying Used and New Books
- Textbooks should be purchased from the same campus where you are enrolled for the course.
- For OCC Bookstore location, hours, and detailed textbook information, see the Bookstore.