- Required textbooks for courses are not generally purchased by the OCC Campus Libraries, but double-check in the Library Catalog.
- Funds are limited, and purchasing textbooks may preclude the purchase of other important library materials.
- For information about which books will be used as textbooks, check the OCC Bookstore website.
Course Reserves & Textbooks
- OCC Libraries do not automatically place textbooks on Course Reserve in the Library. Textbooks and other course materials are put on Reserve at the request of the instructor.
- Faculty may ask that their personal copies of materials or books owned by the Library be placed on Reserve by using this form.
- Students may search for Reserve materials by using the Reserves tab in the Library Catalog.
- Reserve materials are usually used in the Library only. If the materials you need are not in an OCC library, the librarian will explore other libraries' materials with you.
- OCC Libraries will not request textbooks that are required for courses from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
- Interlibrary Loan only allows you to keep a book for three weeks, which does not provide sufficient time to study a text you will need for an entire semester.
Buying Used and New Books
- Textbooks should be purchased from the same campus where you are enrolled for the course.
- For OCC Bookstore location, hours, and detailed textbook information, see the Bookstore.