Course reserve guidelines
The Course Reserve Collection is designed to supplement learning resources for specific courses which are available to students, both electronically and physically.
In order to work within copyright, only materials that meet the qualifications below may be placed on Course Reserve:
- OCC owned physical copies.
- OCC electronic sources to which OCC subscribes. Use the “Durable Links” or “Permalinks” in our OCC databases; electronic books. See For Faculty/Durable Links for explanation.
- Personal copy that is donated to the library (once removed from the Course Reserve Collection items will be added to the circulating collection if librarian deems appropriate).
Material not accepted for Course Reserve:
- Instructor editions or review copies of textbooks. This includes material labeled Instructor’s Edition, Annotated Instructor’s Edition, Publisher’s Review Copy, Teacher’s Manual, Examination Edition or Review Copy.
- Workbooks (rationale: students tend to write in them)
- Reproductions of materials without copyright permission
- i.e. Photocopies of journal articles, chapters from books, and reproductions of audio materials
How to place an item on Course Reserve